We here at BAY IT also like to play the guessing game. So what we expect for Oct 22nd Apple event ?
– iPad: Expect a new iPad mini-inspired design that is thinner, narrower, and lighter.
– iPad mini: Retina display expected, but there have been questions about production and whether Apple be able to ship the new device in significant quantities, if at all, before the holidays. [Read More]
– Mac Pro: Announced by Apple as launching “this fall” following a sneak peek at WWDC in June, Apple’s radically redesigned professional desktop should get a through introduction next Tuesday. Some have speculated that updated displays may arrive to complement the new Mac Pro, but there has been no specific evidence of a display refresh.
– MacBook Pro: An update for Apple’s Retina MacBook Pro line has been expected for several months, moving to Intel’s new Haswell processors for improved battery life. While it seems that Apple would want to feature the MacBook Pro improvements at its event, the list of products to be covered is beginning to get rather long and so it is unclear if the updated notebooks will make an appearance at or alongside the event or at a separate time.
– OS X Mavericks: Reportedly due for launch before the end of the month, we should see a final unveiling next week. Other software updates including new versions of Apple’s iWork and iLife suites, including iWork for iCloud, are also expected. [Read More]
– Mac mini: There have been no specific rumors about the Mac mini, but it too is due for an update to Haswell processors.
– An Apple TV (fingers crossed!!) : There have been some rumblings over the past several months that Apple is planning some sort of TV-related announcement for late this year, but there has been no concrete evidence of any imminent introduction. While Apple has been said to be planning its own connected television set product, that product may not be ready and the effort could continue to progress incrementally with an updated set-top box.